Form GSTR 9 is the return which has to be filled annually by all the taxpayers registered under GST i.e Goods & Service Tax in India. It is filled annually as the summary of the annual GST Returns filled by such registered Taxpayers. Currently, the due date for Filling GST Annual Return in Form GSTR 9 is 31st of December, 2023 for the financial year 2022-23. It is very important for the all the registered taxpayers under Goods & Service Tax to file their annual returns in form GSTR 9 by choosing the Right CA Firm, as this is the final Return for the year and information declared in this return is final and freezed, hence the information complied for Filling GSTR 9 should be 100% accurate and one should ensure that the information and data that is to be submitted should be absolutely in compliance with GST Act, 2017.
We, for the better understanding of the registered taxpayers, we are listing down some of the benefits of filling GSTR 9:
- Filling of GSTR 9 helps in reconciling all the GST Returns filled during the year along with the Income Tax Return Filled. Is also helps in rectification of errors which was done at the time of filling original monthly or quarterly returns during the financial returns.
- Identifying exact liability and ITC claimed i.e ITC claimed by the GST registered taxpayer ensuring transparency of business transactions.
- It is important as by Filling GSTR 9 business gets good standing with the government.
- GST Taxpayers who file GST 9 safeguard themselves from Late fees and Interest liability from additional noncompliance.
- It enables payment of right taxes and maintenance of proper records.
Therefore, it is very important for all the GST registered taxpayers to file GSTR 9 to be law compliant. File your returns now for FY 2022-23 as the due date for filling Annual Return in Form GSTR 9 is 31st of December, 2023. Get your annual GST data summarized and filled by choosing the Right CA, as this is the final Return for the year and information declared in this return is final and freezed. GST registered taxpayer who will fail to file their GSTR-9 for FY 2022-23 by the due date may be subject to late fees which is INR 200 (INR 100 for CGST and SGST each. Get yourself immuned from Late Fees and file your GST Annual Return in Form GSTR 9 now.
If you are looking for a CA firm in Mumbai, visit Anam Shaikh & Associates now.